VIntage Mermaid Society is my little spot beneath the sun. You will find beautiful fabric blocks for sale and many other interesting tidbits.

VINTAGE MERMAID SOCIETY

Vintage Mermaid Society is my little spot beneath the sun. I am all about fantasy, especially mermaids. My philosophy: keep calm and be a mermaid.

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

PUMPKIN LUST CAKE
Debbie Mortensen

I was just on Pinterest and clicked on a picture of what looked like pie.  It took me to a blog, which I will post the link for in this article.  I found the most wonderful recipe for cake? pie? for Thanksgiving.  I posted a comment and  told Debbie Mortensen it should be called OMG Cake.  It is awesome.  Have I tried it yet?  No, put I know this is the bombe!!!  I can't wait 'til Thanksgiving.  I am making this baby tomorrow:


1 stick butter melted
1 cup flour
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons sugar
1 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 16 ounce Cool Whip
2 small packages Jello Instant Pumpkin Spice Pudding
3 cups cold milk
Nutmeg for sprinkling

For the crust:
Combine butter, flour, chopped pecans and sugar.  Press into 9x13 baking dish/pan. Bake at 375 10-15 minutes.  Let cool completely.

For the cream cheese layer:
Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip until smooth.  Spread over crust.

For the pumpkin layer:
Mix pudding mixes with cold milk, whisking for several minutes.  Set in the frig for 10 minutes to let it thicken. Spread over the cream cheese layer.  Top with remaining Cool Whip.  Sprinkle with nutmeg. Cut into squares.  Keep refrigerated.

This lovely blogger shared this recipe at:  http://www.sweettreatsmore.com/2011/11/pumpkin-lust-cake.html

No comments:

Post a Comment